Max's tree services
If you need to thin the crown of a tree, you should:
- Keep lateral branches as evenly spaced as possible, especially on young trees.
- Prune away branches that cross other branches or run against them.
- Never remove more than one-fourth of a living crown at once. If you need to remove more than that, spread it out over a number of years.
- To provide clearance for walking, and for other reasons, you can raise the crown by carefully pruning the tree. Maintain live branches on at least two-thirds of a tree’s height. If you remove too many branches near the bottom half, the tree may not be able to develop a strong stem.
- If you need to remove more than half of the foliage from a branch, just remove the whole branch.
- Only reduce the crown of a tree if it’s really necessary. Prune lateral branches that are at least one-third of the diameter of the stem that needs to be removed.
We also offer professional tree removal.
We can also grind the stump away and clean up all the debris. we can fill it in with soil and grass seeds if its on your lawn.